It has been a while that I have not blogged. I have been caught up in a lot of things, that may or may not have been in my best interest. But, that is the way it is with the internet. Just need to get the blinders back on and move full speed ahead.
I urge you all to ensure that whenever you sign on to the internet you remain focus on what it is you have to accomplish. It is extremely easy to get distracted by articles or sites that spark your interest and before you know it you spent hours and days getting lost in information galore.
So:
- Make sure you have a timetable /schedule of the things you need to get done on the web or on your computer.
- Ensure that some downtime is include on your schedule.
- If you have any other type of media that will cause a distraction, turn it off, or put it on mute.
- Tick off as you go
- Plan some downtime; get up from the computer, or put down the iPad - go watch a movie, enjoy nature, socialize in the physical sense, take a nap, grab a snack, have a shower etc. Just do something that relaxes you.
- When you return to your schedule make sure to pick up where you left off. This is to ensure that you do not become engaged in anything else that may suddenly pop up in your mind or on your screen.
- Most importantly, Keep family time as family time. Be disengaged from work and all matters concerning working.
As simple as the above mentioned sounds it is one of the most difficult task to do, especially if you are not a stickler for routine. Do you see where I am going?
Everything in this life is dictated by a schedule - a routine, a routine that we have to engage in if success is the goal. It might take some time to design a schedule that fits your particular lifestyle but with failure, yes I said failure, you will most definitely succeed at designing a "fit me" schedule.
This is the thing, we have been educated to think that failure is something bad, something negative, but in reality is it? For me it isn't. Failures give us the opportunity to reassess and redirect our energy to gain or experience something more rewarding. Tell me one person who has never failed at doing some? Better yet, identify one prominent figure who has never failed?
So yes, I failed miserably at time management. What have I done to improve my time management skills? Over the course of the coming days and weeks, you tell me.
See you soon!
Carolyn
No comments:
Post a Comment